We are not a huge fan of debt, having eliminated all but our revolving (and always paid on time and in full) credit card debt by age 40.
We tend to think of debt as a necessary evil for most Americans, although for most purchases, it’s not necessary, and it’s really not evil, either. An investor can be compensated for some risk by investing in debt instruments, and the debtor can have things and reach goals more quickly with the use of debt. If you are going to get a personal loan, please use one of these recommended companies.
(We do have a referral relationship with the companies listed on this page; if you work with them, this site may be compensated, contributing to our charitable mission.)
Panacea Financial is banking built for doctors by doctors. Because of their frustrating experiences while in medical training, they created the PRN Personal Loan — so you have access to money as you need it.
Don’t waste your time with pre-applications. You know our low fixed-rate options before you apply. Choose your term:
- 3-yr term – 7.75% fixed APR
- 5-yr term – 8.75% fixed APR
- 7-yr term – 9.75% fixed APR
Click here for product disclosures.
All PRN Personal Loans come with:
- No co-signer requirements
- Funding in as little as 24 hours after approval
Go to PanaceaFinancial.com to learn more. Panacea Financial is a division of Sonabank, Member FDIC.
Available in all 50 states
Founded for Doctors, by Doctors, Doc2Doc believes that traditional lenders overestimate the risk of lending money to doctors.
Their suite of financial products (including Personal Loans of up to $100k) utilize their proprietary algorithm to give in-practice & in-training doctors fast access to funds at a price that recognizes the financial reality of the physician lifecycle – giving you credit for the financial success in your future, rather than penalizing you for the financial challenges of the past.
- Borrow up to $100,000
- Applying does not affect your credit (soft credit pull w/ proprietary algorithm)
- Fixed Rates: 5.99%-14.99% with no pre-payment penalty
- Get pre-approved and funds in your account within days
- Available in all 50 states
Go through our link to Doc2Doc and receive 45 days until first payment is due and $100 cash.
Fixed Rates: 5.99% – 14.99% (autopay discount of 0.25%)
Available in all 50 states
SoFi offers an easy process with a simple online application and access to live customer support 7 days a week. Borrow up to $100,000 at fixed rates with no application or origination fees required, no prepayment penalties, and no late or overdraft fees. SoFi member benefits include an unemployment protection program providing qualifying customers who lose a job with career services and a temporary pause on payments. *personal loan disclaimer.
Fixed Rate: 8.99%-25.81% APR (with all discounts)
Whether you want to consolidate debt or cover emergency expenses, Credible makes it easy to find a personal loan that works best for you.
At Credible there are no mysteries and no bait-and-switch. You see real prequalified rates for loans that are available to you within minutes.
- Rates from 5.40%- 35.99%APR
- Loan amounts from $600 to $100,000
- Compare rates from up to 16 lenders
Benefits of using Credible:
- Checking rates will not affect credit score
- Fill out one form and compare rates from multiple lenders
- Credible doesn’t sell your information
- Checking prequalified rates on Credible is free
- Excellent Trustpilot reviews